Welcome!

Welcome to the Sucidal Robot, a gaming review blog that reviews all those games out there old and new!

Monday 19 July 2010

New Spider-man tp replace Peter Parker

Stephen Wacker has announced that Peter Parker will soon be replaced by a new younger spider-man. Bad idea. Bad, Bad, really Bad idea.

Would it be a good idea if superman was replaced by a younger character? no.
Would it be a good idea if hulk was replaced by someone younger? no.
So........WHY? well here's why:

"aahaHH wE aRe doinG thiSssss beCause.......... WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE WITH THE CHARACTER!!!!

Bull.
he hasn't got kids. he hasn't got a car. yeah I know the last example sucked but it's true. But most importantly? he's Peter Parker. He wasn't a handsome, muscular, figure who had girls pleading to spend one night with him and was universally loved ever since he was a kid.
He was scrawny. Unlucky. A geek. And only got his powers from something that should have killed him. we felt for him and he real emotions besides punch that, kick this.

the next one will be a football jock because if you make him a geek it will be the same thing.

lastly?
peter is spider-man. peter usd spidey as a way to show people his fun loving side.We grew up with him, and I really felt a connection with him in his stories.

What am I going to do if he gets replaced
to be honest I'll stop reading comics. AND COMMIT SUICIDE.......



.....by announcing war on marvel!! they aren't a comic company there a movie company now days!! If this happens please contact me as I will be trying to start a group. Thank you and goodnight. Or morning. Or afternoon. Depends.

2 comments:

  1. This brings back memories for me, Tom-- when I was younger, one of the reasons I stopped reading comics for a while was because they kept doing goofy things with Spider-man & it was for similar reasons, that they thought they'd run out of ideas & they were desperate. I hate it, too, but I do hope your robot doesn't commit suicide over it. I'm sure smarter heads like yours will prevail in the long run. Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is bad, sad news. I rather suspect that this is more to do with them thinking of the movie & merchandising market than of comic book fans & readers.

    I hope the new character remains a vulnerable, identifiable persona and that they don't beef him up out of all recognition. That would be a travesty!

    ReplyDelete